Monday, March 5, 2012

Camera Fun

I love my camera. I love taking pictures. I've been reading books and manuals, I've joined a website called Clickin Moms that has amazing resources for learning about photography, I'm signed up to take a workshop, and I've been taking pictures like crazy. I'm having so much fun, and I wonder why I didn't start this sooner. I've always been interested in photography, but have never taken my interest to the next level.

Actually I do know why it's taken me so long. Photography is an expensive hobby. Like, super expensive. Not only do you have to buy the camera, you have to buy additional lenses (if you want, but they can be a necessity), you have to buy a calibrator for your monitor, you have to buy editing software, and finally, you have to buy books, classes, workshops, memberships, etc to continue learning all about photography. There's a ton to learn, and so many resources out there. It's hard to limit myself, but of course I have to.

Lately I've been practicing taking pictures on some of my friends. It's been an amazing chance to practice for me, and who doesn't love having pictures of their family? Even if this does just remain a hobby for me, and I never get paid for it, I'll be happy. I love capturing the special moments in life. Maternity, newborns, and family shoots are what I'm interested in. Weddings are just scary to me. I'll stick to the small stuff for now (probably for forever).

Here's a few of my favorite pictures I've taken over the past couple months. Funny enough, I have yet to do some good pictures of Beckett. The pictures I take of him are more snap-shots. I've been wanting to take him to the park and get some fun pictures. Hopefully once the weather gets a little nicer we can do that. Alright, here is a small sample of what I've been doing lately:













Dislaimer: I am in no way a professional, and I know that. I'm just having fun, and learning as I go.

4 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job. Its hard when you get that photograpy bug to stop! I have found that I love capturing lighting and different angles. I go through spurts, when I feel inspired I want to pick up the camera and go take pictures. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing awesome Erin! I'm with you on learning how to do everything I want to learn with Photography, and it's a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! These are great! Check out iheartfaces.com for weekly photo challenges - way fun :)

    ReplyDelete