Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy 8 Months, Beckett!

Wasn't it just yesterday I was posting about Beckett turning 7 months old? It sure seems like it. I can not believe that our tiny little baby is now 8 months old. He is getting more and more personality every day. Here's what's going on this month:
  • He's still not officially crawling, but that doesn't stop him. He does a scooting move that I like to call "the worm". He gets to where he wants to go (usually to the dogs bone or any electronic cord within a 20 foot radius) VERY fast. I can't look away for two seconds without him getting into something.
  • He just recently cut his first tooth! It's his top left front tooth. He's being rebelious by not getting his bottom teeth first. I'm sure the rest will be following very quickly. We already think we can see his top right front one about to pop through.
  • He's still only eating two solid meals a day, but he's getting really good at feeding himself when we let him. He makes a huge mess, but has a blast doing it. His favorite food is yogurt. He gobbles that down.
  • He sleeps through the night a lot now. Not every night, but at least half of the time, if not more. A month ago I thought he would never sleep through the night so this is big news!
  • I don't think it's going to be long at all until he starts pulling up on stuff. He already tries to pull himself up on me, and he's getting pretty good at it. This means major trouble, and I'm terrified. I need to get on this baby proofing business ASAP!
He's pretty amazing, and I still can't believe that he's our son. He has such a huge personality! He loves to laugh and make other people smile. He has a fake laugh that he does to get us to laugh back at him. It always works, he's hilarious. He's also super shy. He will smile at you and then tuck his head down so you can't look at him anymore. Or bury his head in my shirt if somebody tries to talk to him. I know both David and I were really shy as kids, so it's not too surprising that Beckett is too. He still loves his swing and would be content sitting in it and watching the dogs run around the yard for hours. He's the best, we love him more and more every day, and I can't wait to see what new thing he will be doing tomorrow. Now here are some pictures:

Not funny dad, not funny.



Video game junkie already. Awesome.

Beck and Cliff are great pals. Lola still would rather just stay away from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment