Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Beckett's first Christmas was a success! We started off the festivities on Christmas Eve. I wanted to start the tradition of him opening up his Christmas pajamas the night before, so that's what we did.
Christmas morning we woke up and attempted to let Beck open his gifts from us and Santa. He couldn't care less about them. He would push the presents out of his way to get to his other toys. So I ended up unwrapping everything that I had just wrapped a couple days earlier. Then he was interested in the toys.


The aftermath. The puppies got bones in their stockings, too.

After presents at home, we packed up and headed down to Plattsmouth to go to church with my parents and David's mom. Then we went over to my parents' house for brunch and more presents. Again, Beckett had no interest in opening the presents, but once they were opened for him, he loved to play with his new toys.


Then we went home to spend the rest of the afternoon with our little family. David's mom came over later in the day to bring Beckett a couple presents.

All in all, it was a great day. We celebrate Christmas with my sister and her family this weekend, and with David's brother and his family a couple weeks from now. My brother called from Afghanistan while we were at my parents' house, so it was great that we got to talk to him on Christmas day! We are missing him this holiday season and can't wait for him to be back for good soon! Happy Holidays, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment