Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Family-filled weekend

My brother came home from Afghanistan this weekend, so we had lots of celebrations with lots of family. Friday night I threw a little shin dig at our house complete with cheeseburgers, vodka punch and a bonfire. A bunch of Jer's friend's came to welcome him home, and Kristen and Jesse and their family came up for the weekend as well.


Then on Sunday, my mom had some family over to see Jer. Beckett got to meet his great-grandma Alda, and see his great-grandpa Russ again. Beck also got to play with his cousin Oliver, who is 3 months old. I can't wait until those two boys are old enough to really play together, I can only imagine the trouble they're going to get into!

Beckett kept trying to give Oliver kisses.


Great-grandma Alda and the three cousins



Great-grandpa Russ and Beckett


Uncle Jer and Beckett


Rockin' dad's hat.

Also, Beckett decided to start crawling this weekend. He's a mad man now crawling as fast as he can towards the nearest electrical wire or dog bone in sight. He's also starting to pull himself up on the furniture, so that's terrifying. I'm so proud to see him doing all this new stuff, but SLOW DOWN, Beckett! Oh and if crawling and pulling himself up wasn't enough new stuff for the weekend, he's also getting another tooth. ANOTHER! That makes three all within the past week or two. My baby is turning into a toddler before my very eyes. Next I know, he'll be asking to borrow the car keys. What happened to my little baby?


No comments:

Post a Comment